Wednesday, January 30, 2008

AHHH! Real Life!

So real life is in the process of setting in here in sunny Clark's Summit, PA. (yeah, sunny, go figure). Stress is beginning to elevate and the chaos of normal everyday existance becoming more and more angry, vehemently opposing my resilliance to its furious attacks... okay, so it's not that bad. It's just a little unexpected homework and a late night. Big deal. :)

I got to teach from Judges 1 tonight for my small group tonight and as I was teaching I was struck by how stinking bad I am at what I was teaching. I had to stop for a second to keep from choking up once. The theme was trusting God. I'm exactly like Judah. I'm going to a Bible college and trusting God with a lot, but He doesn't have everything. I'm not pursuing Him with all I've got. Seeing these trials (not having money or time) and freaking out cannot be an option. I've got to see these things as temporary emotions, which are groundless. God is asking "Do you trust me? I will fight for you." It's one thing to hear it, it's another to believe it. Not just accept it. BELIEVE it.

I feel like we've lost the idea of what believing truly is. True faith is void of fear and full of action. If one does not move upon an idea, he does not believe it. That's the test for true belief in Christ, right? Their fruit. Most of the time though I'm the walking dead; I offer my stagnant fruit, all the time thinking it's okay to give it to God. May it never be. But, oh, how often it happens.

Well, that's about all for tonight. I'm gonna finish listening to Far-Less A Toast to Bad Taste and write a paper, then hit the sack. All y'all take care out there.

Out.

No comments: