Hey everybody,
hopefully soon it will be a far more inclusive everybody than the current state of "everybody" (aka me). Here I am, blogging away for the first time since I had a xanga. Anywho, life updates: here goes...
So let's start with the name for this blog, menae zoae. It's the transliteration for two Greek words meaning "Remaining Life." It's significant because it describes what the Christian life is all about. Screaming the truth in a world filled with liars, shining the light in a world full of darkness, and truly living in a world crawling with zombies (like in the song "Play On" by Project 86 from their Drawing Black Lines album).
Jesus Christ came to give us life (zoae) and give it to us abundantly, something that won't fade away or perish (menae). The word menae is actually linked to our word for monument. It's something that isn't passing away any time soon. I can never remember too often my life and be grateful for it. Ted Dekker has said that three words discribing him would be selfish, forgiven, and grateful. I hope I can always say the same.
Well, that's it for now. Not sure what will end up on this thing, but you never know what might show up...
-storyteller
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment