Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How are you?

The aforementioned question is one that has me perplexed at the moment. It's difficult to describe in a novel, making it nigh impossible to discuss with an adverb. I'm vexed by questions on every front of my being and personage, and whether they relate to my future, my present, my person, my relationship to God, my situations, my responses, blessings, trials, curses, musings; they spin unfettered about my mind as I attempt to sift through the pieces and do my homework at the same time. There's just so much, and I'm drowning but only slightly concerned.

In all of this I am encouraged, first by Dr. Lytle the week past and progressively/repeatedly by memory in the one present, to seek the will of God as described in Romans 12:1-2, which states: "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (ESV).

I keep moving backwards to those words penned (figuratively, Paul didn't have a pen) almost two thousand years ago and knowing that what God desires me to do is change the way that I think and the things I believe to match up with what God has revealed about Himself, Jesus Christ, and who I am with/ without Him. The answer to "How are you?" seems to always be rooted in how we feel, but it is the WILL OF GOD that we be transformed by the renewing of our minds, to be living sacrifices unto God. How am I? I am blessed. I am a child of God. I display the worst in both prodigal sons (chapel message shout-out: if you missed Shumaker's message in chapel, go back and check it out; it was great!), yet God loves me. I am accepted. I am loved just as I am. If that's not enough to cheer you up, than nothing will.

Well, that being said/ penned (also without a pen: what will we say next? keyed?), I'm going to listen to anberlin's new cd (which is spectacular, by the way) and do some homework, maybe tackle one of those wretched questions and spend some time with my Savior before the sun goes down on another day here at BBC.

-storyteller

p.s. I was reminded today of the absolute amazingness of the story of Anorexia Nervosa by Showbread and how thankful I am for stories and how they can enhance our view of God and ourselves and have their purpose bound in His glorification.

p.p.s. Gotta remember to use this, my word of the day: Nomenclature

No comments: