Monday, November 10, 2008

The Epic Intergalactic Battle of the Century

Thoughts v. Emotions

So this is the thing going on in my life. God is teaching me much about living life while walking next to him. I talk to him often and am thankful for his involvement through me in the lives of others today. It's another one of those "fruit happens" moments. haha. So my steam of consciousness for tonight should end soon, but until it does I want to acknowledge the several God-sightings I took in today:

-Today at lunch, Brian Shanesy came up to me and we spoke at length about an issue he was having. I don't know if what I said had any merit, but I'm praying that God will use it and thankful for the opportunity, for giving Brian security in our relationship, enough to prompt him to seek my counsel. I only hope I pointed him to the true counselor.

-I'm thankful for work this morning. It was easy in the morning and Ross came, assuring me of the completion of the job.

-During work, Sherrie Holloway happened to mention that Freddie was retiring today, and that was a significant "coincidental" occurance (haha). God even cares about the little things. He's so great and so good to us, the undeserving one.

-He is not allowing me to spend much time with Susan. He is working. We are talking (God and I). That is the greatest blessing of all. This is where the battle of Emotion v. Thought is primarily waged. God is placing me in this situation so we will be closer. For that I am thankful. I only pray that I keep looking to him in my frustration and irritation. (I'm still planning my way to get her to like me/go out with me hehe).

-I read the first five psalms today when alone as suggested by Naomi's dad. It was great. I think this addition will once again change me as I seek to saturate my mind and heart with God's word, spoken to me in a book. I'm so thankful that he reveals himself to us, to me.

-That this list is so long, and there's more to come...

-Dr. Loesher's example today made me think about how satisfied I am with what God has given me, right here, right now. It reminded me that seeking Him was of utmost importance, and I've experienced more abundant life in the last week than a celebration of my accolades could ever bring. That's God. He's changing my heart, just by staying connected to him, even though I have done it rather imperfectly. It give me a deeper hunger for fellowship with him than I already had.

-Playing cards today was refreshing, although not only to me. Cynthia Nichols told me after playing that it encouraged her and refreshed her to do something for the joy of doing it unrelated to responsibilities or school and that blessed her. I am thankful that God allowed me to hear this and be encouraged by her need being met by God.

-I absolutely loved today's Ed.Min. class and gained much important insight into my prospective ministry I wish to launch at FBC this next fall, if the Lord wills it. I'm so thankful for this journey as well.

-It snowed today, multiple times. God's splendor is shown when it snows.

-It was cold on my face, but warm on the inside. Delightful, positively delightful.

-I was able to have a deep conversation with Jeremy Van Strein. That is always a precious gift.

-I just had an hour long conversation with Jeremy Hawkins about his life and what God's doing in it. That was hopefully something valuable to him, but it was exceptionally valuable to me. I am beginning to understand what it means to counsel someone with God. I was constantly asking the person (not out loud, but asking God to show me) "what are you asking me? what do you need me to ask you? where does your burden lie?" I was also asking God "what do you want me to say? What should I ask? Where do you want this to go?" Those things blessed me greatly.

-I harbored much pride after set-up today. We beasted like crazy and did our jobs well. Instead of thanking God and speaking to him, I thought highly of myself and my efforts. that was sin, and he continued to interact with me and love me regardless. I do not deserve that. Thank you, Lord.

-I failed to see God in most of these events until afterwards. Yet he did not allow me to see the great work he is accomplishing in my life. it is all him, it always has, it always will be. May he be praised fully and forevermore!

-Storyteller

No comments: