I've arrived at the homestead again, with a gradual breaking of waves of relief throughout the last 24 hours. Why I'm still up at 2am again I haven't a clue. I had a really fantastic conversation with Katie on an awesome walk again. I'm looking forward to the next, which will probably be with Grandpa and Grandma Mieden. They love walks too.
We talked about purpose and the church, about real faith and what it takes to be a Christian in these days. She talked about feeling like she would be perceived as arrogant by describing her struggles to friends, letting them know exactly where she was at, but afraid they wouldn't get it because they all come from less socially acceptable sinning backgrounds. It's a weird phenomenon. It seems like we want to be vulnerable, but we're scared that people will take what we throw at them and judge us. I wonder if that's a product of our fallen nature and general misconception, or if it's real.
I want to love people. I want to love God. I want that love to surge through me like fire and warm my heart like feeling winter's icy chill caress my cheek as snow falls. That's what I'm living for. Love. I think my list is seeing revision. Love is the greatest thing in the world. If I never learn another thing, love will be worth them all. Love of God and the peace, companionship and community he provides. Love of people in all shapes and sizes. Love from my wife (hoping God chooses to bless me with one). Love from my children (ditto). Love from my family. Love from my local church, my second family. Love from my friends. Love is the highest and the greatest, the everlasting, ever satisfying force. I wonder what that does for my list.
Well, it's late and I am satisfied by thinking on this topic. I'm so blessed to have all the love I do. The love that God has allowed me to share with others has also been wonderful. I truly am so blessed. Praise God for his love and faithfulness. I wonder what tomorrow holds for his love.
-Storyteller
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment