Right now I am procrastinating...
That being said, let's delve into another long post haha. I'm currently sitting here in my room listening to 3 bonus tracks I just got for Relient K's Christmas album (hence, the title), and I'm preparing to start writing my exegetical paper on I Corinthians 8. It's entitled "Christian Liberty." That's all I've got so far. It's due on Friday, so that's why the procrastination. Really all I want to do is what I've become accustomed to doing (both at home over break and here at school), which is building into people. I got to talk with Jeremy van Strien today for an hour and a half today about relationships and such, so that was good.
Today I think about God as I write this and it reminds me of my weird encounter with Michelle Bailey. The weird part is that I was struck with the thought to just be vulnerable and say something that I would normally deem as cliche and Christainese (well, the good news is that Jesus loves us even though we don't deserve it), but I decided to say it and explain it anyway. It was the idea that we're all broken people who don't deserve God's love, that I've been seeing his grace and love in a way I hadn't, understanding that God doesn't want us to be perfect, he just wants us to come to him. We can't even love him or others on our own, so we just need to come to him. He will change us when it's time and not before. She, with a shocked look on her face said that's the very thing she's been struggling with and to hear it was a great encouragement.
So how much of our inner thoughts are Spirit-promptings. Probably more than we realize. I'm thinking now of how much I truly miss when it comes to that sort of thing. I think the key is the connected thing. When we are connected to God, he produces growth and change, whether others can see it or not. When we are connected to him, he changes our heart and desires and makes them something worthwhile. That's awesome. Well, I suppose I should get back to procrastinating...
-Storyteller
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment