These things sum up my Tuesday today. I am very thankful and aware of where God is working. Today the chapel message by Don McCall was on why we should commit our lives to Jesus Christ from Revelation 1:4-6. It was stunning. It really addressed something I've been struggling with the last 21 years. He spoke of BBC Alumni who have experienced hardship, suffering, wronging, heartbreak, etc... and where God is when that happens.
The question that I've wanted to ask God so many times, but didn't because I "wasn't supposed to ask God that, or in that way" over the months was this: "Why did you create me to want something that you continue to keep away from? Why did you make me to want something more than anything else, then take it away from me?" This question was asked specifically in light of relationships. Everything Pastor Don said today reflect God's answer to me over the last few weeks: because I love you, because I need you to trust me, because you have to surrender everything, even your very desires which I gave you. Because I AM. the fountain of living water. the bread of life. the giver of life abundant. the vine. love. light. everything you could ever need or want.
I've been thinking a lot about a conversation Brian S. and I had about a month ago where he asked me if I needed Julee. I said no, I never needed her. He gave me a weird look and I thought it was strange, so I spent the last month or so trying to figure out what it would mean and finally asked him last night. He talked about the "need element" in every relationship. People don't develop friendships without getting something from them. The degree of importance of the things taken from a friendship is what sets some apart from others. A dating/marriage relationship that is done right starts out as two people who like each other who have their own lives. Then, their lives begin to weave together until it's one life, theirs. One way he talked about when it comes to developing that or seeing where certain friend/relationships are is to see who you confide in. When things go wrong, who do you turn to first and whose opinions are valued. I realized (first, in relation to the Julee conversation) that I had three other people whose input was more valued and prioritized above her during especially the last three months, but even before that. I then thought that (second, in my relationship with God) my relationship with God has taken on a totally new feel since I started going to Him often. I essentially did what is important to do in a dating relationship with God. So yeah, it's amazing.
Well, time to write a paper!
-Storyteller
p.s. Long live Sylar, the slayer of Arthur Patrelli!!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment