Monday, January 5, 2009

Logging on before sawing logs

I'm listening to The House that Fire Built by Mae right now and loving it so very much. I think there's something special about a song you have a part in or know the back story of, which is both for this one. :) I've been thinking a lot about charity and humanitarian organizations lately and I think that I really like them. It's not the end of all things, that's the Gospel. But I love the idea of helping people because of what Jesus did for us. Hurting people are the ones who need Him anyway. We're all hurting in some way, and helping hurting people is definately right. The second part of that is always the Gospel. But that's the motivation behind our efforts anyway.

Anyway, here we go for another doosie of a question and issue. My mind is kinda spinning right now with a couple things I can't seem to get my mind off of. Thing One: (reminds me of Dr. Suess haha) Susan. I really like her and miss her. I feel really awkward at this stage in the friend/relationship right now though because I'm crazy about her and I'm pretty dang sure she likes me but it's unspoken and that is kinda stifling me. I dunno. So the thought poured in is about dating her. Mostly not about if but when and how. We'll see. The current idea on the table is tea during a romantic walk in the snow. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. That's where I'll ask her out. Maybe I'll ask her to be my girlfriend after the first date, maybe after the first tea thing. I could get her flowers when I ask her out. That'd be good. Anywho, I think it's going to happen. The key is what it's always been: Love God and trust Him completely. keep my eyes fixed on Him and wait for Him.

The second thing has to do with Brian, my roomate next semester. What do I do? I need help with how do deal with this. I just don't get it. I guess I just gotta keep talking with Jesus and not worry about tomorrow, but give Him my all today. That seems relatively Biblical.

So in retrospect my issues are not that great. Wonderful! Yay, God. I started my second 60-60 today. It feels good to be back. Tomorrow, I need to work through specific, detailed goals for this 60-60. Day one down. We'll see what this becomes. :)

Signing off for tonight, -Storyteller

No comments: