Friday, January 2, 2009

Galore: Blessings Edition

Why not? It's 3am in Indianapolis (btw, what a stupid name for a city Indiana-"city") and Jeremy and I are playing Guitar Hero 2 on the XBOX360 in the awesome house we're staying at. So I figured I'd recount the blessings however insignificant from the day and extol the Giver of those blessings.

I got to see Finlay and hang out with him and his groomsmen for more time than I was expecting to get all weekend. It was truly a delightful time.

I had phenomenal conversation with Jeremy Hawkins on the long car ride and the additional time we spent driving around. I didn't realize how much I covet that kind of interaction with my brothers in Christ until this trip. It was tremendously encouraging.

Getting to stay up and hang with Cliff and Jeremy in this stinkin awesome house is wicked fun! It has everything I wanted for complete relaxation and enjoyment: big screen tv, coke, xbox360, guitar hero, wii, and tons of movies. It's so much fun. This is the other kind of rest.

When we got to First Baptist of Danville, there was just the right person to take us to Finlay's house and introduce us to his parents, who are very cool :)

We (the house guys) got to play Settlers and it was fun!

Mostly, the blessings revolve around actual rest taking place whether it be through conversation, doing nothing, reading, guitar hero, wii, time alone, settlers, or a great movie. God really provided this as a retreat for my human part and gave me these things to me for pleasure.

-Storyteller

No comments: