Monday, February 23, 2009

Trials, Grief and a Great God: (and getting rid of the horribly depressing post at the top of my blog)

So it's time for a new song.

Basically the situations of life have not changed in the least and actually have worsened, but that is not all. I realized today that I don't even remember what it's like not to be grieved and hurt by trials all the time. In all of that though, I have learned much this week about God and been blessed beyond comprehension, overwhelmed by the sense that He is there and hears my cries. Yet he doesn't do anything. It's still hard and pain is still a common reality. But, as Mark Driscoll and the Apostle Peter says, the weight of my circumstances is not as heavy as the weight of the glory of God and my relationship with Him. They are not as significant as my faith and my God. My faith as it is tested in the fire is more precious than silver or gold or a relationship or friendships or financial stability or a sure future. That realization has brought so much joy. This has been and will continue to be a dark valley in my life, but I continue to bring my cares before the Father and wait for Him to move. In the meantime, we hang out here in the darkness together.

And that is comforting.

That's a brief summation of life right now: that's trials, grief, and a great God.

-Storyteller

No comments: