Well, considering the rawness of the last post, maybe a little relief is in store, but who knows. Often I feel like I know what's down the pike when I sit down to write, but tonight I have no clue what will wash out. Cheers, then. Here's to seeing what lies beneath.
Today was strange. It was wonderful, and I enjoyed it; but I did it without God. I don't often miss reading now and that's something awesome that I still can't explain. I'm wondering when to start the next 60-60 and beginning to think of the bloody mess that will be trying to ascertain the best way to create a culture of God's change in my life. Well, I suppose there's no time like the present...
I need to have people in my life who I can go to and tell everything God's doing and showing. This includes many of the issues I've discussed of late on here. Things like pornography, masturbation, addiction to gaming, judging others, hating, harboring resentment, and trying to make my own righteousness. Biggest thing is I have to stay connected to God. It's the best thing in the world but for some dang reason it's so hard. 1) Connect with godly men(tors). :)
I need to create a list of things I am thankful for, some kind of a list of God's work in my life that I can look at when I'm discouraged. I want to post said list in my room above my desk so that I can see what God is doing and has done in my life. Many of these things are close to mind and heart because God has revealed them this break. 2) Write a list of the past victory.
I need to recreate the list of what I want in life. I don't believe anything has changed, but the notes I left myself before are important and must be utilized.
I need to seek to be less addicted to Coca-Cola. I really believe that stewardship of my body and not being addicted to anything is important. I don't think God wants me to stop drinking Coke. I do think God wants me to give him my willingness to remove it or change what I'm doing; to admit that I am not doing right and turn to Him. All I can give is my willingness. I'm struggling even writing this down. I don't want to do it and that, I believe, betrays how deep-seated this addiction truly is. We'll see... more to come on this.
I think those are great places to start. I want to continue reading things with my time and I'd like to keep writing a little, whether for this blog more regularly or simply fiction stuff on the other blog. (http://behindtheveilstory.blogspot.com if you guys reading want to check it out). I would like to read the following books in addition to classwork this semester: The Purpose Driven Church, No Perfect People Allowed, Soul Revolution, and a leadership book of some kind. I think that's a good place to start.
Well, it looks like something meaningful came out of the blog tonight. I'll have to read this tomorrow when I'm in Indiana with Jeremy Hawkins. I can't wait for that car ride :)
-Storyteller
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment