Thursday, October 30, 2008

Taking the Plunge, Going Under, and Diving Deep

So I've decided to go all in on this one...

I'm reading Soul Revolution by John Burke currently and my world is being rocked. I've known for awhile my relationship with God is not really that good, and brushed it aside with the occasional sight of what God intended in my relationship to Him. The last week has been spent more focused on and closer to God than most of my existence this far. I don't want it to change or end but I already perceive exhaustion and apathy crouching at my door. So I'm going in on the 60/60. Most of what it's suggesting is a more purposeful version of my past week. My first task is to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with it (how, if I need to buy a watch, etc...) and who my running partners should be. The key to this whole experiment is learning to live in communion with God.

My biggest struggles right now include trusting God and letting go of my "control" over my life, particularly in the are of relationships. I'm emotionally rent into pieces, but I am sure this is where God has brought me and where he continues to lead. I can't wait to use this tool to keep me on track with this path I've undertaken.

So here goes... may I dive deep... (Dekker would be pleased)

-Storyteller

No comments: