Halloween, Reformation Day. However you slice it, today is a day of decision. So I started the 60-60. I've located a watch and have stuck several reminders in pertinent places.
If anything, I think about it constantly, partially due to the strange object around my wrist called a watch. I'm usually thinking about the experiment, but not necessarily about God, but it's coming. Observations...
What we've been learning in chapel of the beauty of God and its connection to His attributes and our wonder and His glory and worship have been percolating today. It's staggeringly beautiful here and many of the girls I pass around campus are too, and that should (and has been today more or less) directing me to think on the beauty of God: specifically, what the beauty reflects of Him as Creator God.
Another thought: I went to Wal-Mart with Jeremy Hawkins and it occurred to me at about the time my watch was supposed to beep that God placed me in that situation: cashing checks and gathering supplies together. I want to make sure I don't waste these special God made appointments. It's cool to think about them that way, because they are always happening. God keep my eyes open to what you're doing, my wonderful Shepherd.
More and more today, this project and the interactions with God today have given new shape to a second side of the 4-Q model, combining the idea of Will accompanying the existent questions reflecting Knowledge or Intellect. I'm interested to see what God moves me to see. Open my eyes, Lord, to see what you want me to; and compel me to act from the borrowed love you have so freely given.
That's all for now. On to the night. I wonder what God's got for me to do/ think/ understand/ who he will send me to minister to. Give me your eyes...
-Storyteller
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment