Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Stirrings

So 60-60 is going well. It's not going like I thought it would. I'm rarely alone when the watch beeps, assuming I hear it, but I think of God often. Any time I'm alone my first thought is God and I speak to him, often. It's so refreshing. I love the fact that God wants to hear from us. I was really upset about something dumb earlier today, got alone and just vented to him. It was so awesome as I realized the stupidness of my argument and although the feeling persisted, I had given it over and discussed it, trusted him with it.

Today in church I was thinking about something completely unrelated to what was being said (in the song we were singing) but I focused on the truth I was thinking about. Here's what I wrote:

I suck at life. I continue to attempt to fix something and just when I think I've got it, something else unravels. Yet God knows all our failures and loves us anyways. He still gives grace and mercy and love as I stagger down this road. His response is not disgruntled frustration or disappointment, but compassion and pity. There is never a time he looks upon us with anger burning in his eyes because he already did that to Christ. and I remain blameless... Oh, the depths of the grace, glory, love, and mercy of God.

Answering the question "How are you?" or "How was your weekend?" has been difficult to do, because I have seen failure, loss, disappointment (with myself and others), joy, Jesus my Shepherd loving me, pain, frustration, and fun all this weekend. God is good, I am worthless. I only borrow any righteousness or significance from the One who died to give it to me. Those are my thoughts. I got to talk to Katie for forty minutes tonight and that was so good to recap what God's been teaching me and cool to see how I've grown.

-Storyteller

No comments: